U.S. House Select Committee on Economic Disparity and Fairness in Growth to Host Roundtable on Rural Economic Development
WASHINGTON – On Thursday, July 14, 2022, the U.S. House Select Committee on Economic Disparity and Fairness in Growth, chaired by Congressman Jim Himes (CT-04), will host a roundtable discussion focused on improving and restoring rural economic growth.
Led by Rep. Angie Craig (MN-02), this bipartisan event, “Building Inclusive Prosperity for Rural America,” will provide Select Committee Members and subject matter experts, including USDA Under Secretary for Rural Development Xochitl Torres Small, an opportunity to analyze the modern challenges rural communities face. Members and panelists will also examine innovative solutions to help rural residents, communities, and businesses achieve greater economic mobility.
U.S. House Select Committee on Economic Disparity and Growth Roundtable titled “Building Inclusive Prosperity for Rural America”
210 Cannon House Office Building
9 am ET, Thursday, July 14, 2022
- Chairman Jim Himes (CT-04)
- Ranking Member Bryan Steil (WI-01)
- Representative Angie Craig (MN-02)
- The Honorable Xochitl Torres Small, Under Secretary for Rural Development, United States Department of Agriculture
- Dr. Carrie Henning-Smith, Associate Professor, Division of Health Policy and Management; Deputy Director, Rural Health Research Center, University of Minnesota
- Ms. Jessica Fulton, Vice President, Policy, the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies
- Mr. Matt Dunne, Founder and Executive Director, Center on Rural Innovation
This event will be livestreamed on the Select Committee’s YouTube Page
Space is limited. Email Eric Harris, Select Committee Communications Director, to RSVP or if you have any questions.