Roundtable on Private Sector Strategies that Benefit Workers and Bottom Lines
WASHINGTON – On Wednesday, September 21, 2022, at 1:00pm ET, the U.S. House Select Committee on Economic Disparity and Fairness in Growth, chaired by Congressman Jim Himes (CT-04), hosted a roundtable, “Just Good Business: Private Sector Strategies that Promote Shared Economic Prosperity,” focusing on the results of and motivations behind strategies employed by the private sector to invest in their workforce and communities that also address economic disparity.
Members heard directly from private sector representatives on how companies have run successful programs and partnerships with government and community stakeholders to create economic opportunity and strengthen their businesses. Members also learned about the challenges the private sector faces in addressing economic disparity and discussed successful initiatives like workforce training, paid internships, and generous workplace benefits that support their employees’ economic security.
- Chairman Jim Himes (CT-04)
- Ranking Member Bryan Steil (WI-01)
- Select Committee Members
- Mr. Dane Linn, Senior Vice President of Corporate Initiatives, Business Roundtable [BRT] (Written Statement)
- Dr. Svenja Gudell, Chief Economist, Indeed (Written Statement)
- Ms. Holly Ensign-Barstow, Senior Director of Policy and Programs, B-Lab US & Canada (Written Statement)
- Ms. Portia Wu, Managing Director of Public Policy, U.S. Government Affairs, Microsoft (Written Statement)
- Ms. Elaine Parker, Chief Communications Officer, Job Creators Network